Friday, March 30, 2012

St. Louis, MO



St. Louis was one of my favorite cities we visited so far. We stayed in a quaint little Omni hotel that gave us lots of personal attention. And we had a yummy free breakfast
every morning. I also was so happy to have a car to drive around and explore some more of the city. My special guy came to visit the first week and then my bro in spirit Marvin came to visit the second week. The show opened on Valentine's Day and Ross and I performed "Tonight" on the Fox morning show.

The Fabulous Fox theater was gorgeous and seated about 5,000 people, the biggest
house we've played so far. There is nothing like the sound of 5,000 people clapping for you at the end of a show. It's a sound and site I'll never forget. A tradition at this theater is that every artist and show signs the wall. Marvin gave me the idea to sign the door frame of my dressing room so every girl that enters and leaves that room can feel pretty!

I found some old friends from The Fantasticks on the wall too. The theater was designed in a "Siamese byzantine" style. All the way up to the top you can go through a dark door we called the "Narnia" door and watch the show from above. I also had a wonderfully sweet dresser named Mary who made the two weeks at the theater a pleasure.


St. Louis is also where I ate some authentic southern cuisine. We visited Pappy's for authentic BBQ. If you like meaty ribs this is the place for you. Marvin had me take him to Hodak's recommended by Rachel Ray as having the best fried chicken. She wasn't exxagerating And the sides were good as well. Another cool site to visit in St. Louis is the City Museum. Marvin and I went with Gizel and her boyfriend and we climb and slid all over the place. It's a big playground for adults. I battled my fear of heights but was helped by the encouragement of my friends!

I loved my time in St. Louis!

No comments:

Post a Comment