Monday, October 24, 2011

Dallas, TX Part 2


So my time in Dallas has come to an end. I can’t believe how fast it has gone by. Last week I finally did the tourist thing…the aquarium, a local fancy restaurant with live music called Sambuca (thanks Vicki for that recommendation!). And Chris came to visit me! He even had the band at Sambuca (Big Daddy Dallas) sing Extreme’s “More Than Words” for me. A cheesy song, I know, but I love it! Overall , the atmosphere was sexy, the food tasty and the live music such a treat. If you like acoustic music/blues its a great “date night” place.

Before homesickness could really take over when Chris left, my Mom and the girls came for the weekend.

Mom bought a bling cowgirl hat that she wouldn't take off lol, and we had a fun night with yummy pizza at the Pizza Lounge across from the theater. Tasty food, good music and relaxed vibe. And they're open until 3am!


Dallas was wonderful to me. I met such kind people and I’m lucky to have had an incredibly positive opening. Everyone at the theater, especially my dresser Vicki was so supportive. She helped me thru the show with comments like “that last note was extra floaty today.” No wonder why Sutton Foster cried about her dresser leaving her! I cried just saying goodbye to mine after only 3 weeks!

The reviews came in and thankfully they were all positive. Thank you Dallas for a wonderful opening! I’m leaving with wonderful memories!


No comments:

Post a Comment