Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Dallas, TX


This has been a crazy week so far! We opened on Tuesday and the show for the most part went very well. Thankfully that’s when the critics came to see the show. So far we've received rave reviews! The next two days were a little rougher but I’m getting into my vocal groove. I can’t believe we put this whole big show together in 3 weeks! All of us are working very hard and sometimes need to be reminded of all that we have accomplished so far. As for Dallas…the hotel is great…except for the fact that everything shuts down at 11pm. With so much rehearsals I haven't had the time to explore Dallas yet but that's going to change this week. On the to-do list: the aquarium, zoo, BBQ restaurants, the West End area…I can’t wait to get going! The people here have been so welcoming and I love the accents. My dresser backstage endeared herself to me the moment she spoke. On opening night a party was held for us at a huge mansion. We felt like celebrities! They even brought out a huge birthday cake for the Tony and me!


My good friend Marvin Avila visited me on Wednesday and like a movie star made an appearance for a day. With limited local options he took me to Denny's for a birthday lunch and then off to the Texas State Fair we went. Basically FRIED everything. And car shows. And live stock. And vibrating foot chairs.


The goal for this week is to explore the West End and find the perfect belt buckle!

2 comments:

  1. You are so beautiful, inside and out! And so much fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you friend! I miss you! I hope you get to visit me in one of the cities and I will write about it in my blog :)

    ReplyDelete