Saturday, October 29, 2011

Fayetteville, AR


We arrived a week ago in a little town in Arkansas called Fayetteville. And to our delight we encountered Fall weather! Once I got over the not so great hotel situation, I let myself appreciate how pretty this area is. The trees are all shade of fall colors…bright orange, deep red, pale yellow. The area is surrounded by little shops and small businesses. It’s actually nice to see an area like this not flooded with chain restaurants and stores. It’s a college town so there are many bars (lots of random karaoke singing spills out from most of them at night lol). But the architecture is beautiful and very quaint. Common Ground has become a favorite coffee shop (great vanilla lattes) for some of the cast and Waffle House has saved the night many times when we’ve come out of a show starving.

I bought my Halloween outfit from a cute store in the style of Urban Outfitters called Riffraff.
I love it and I'm looking forward to wearing it on Monday, which is going to be a long travel day to our next destination. This has been a rough week with the travel and not feeling quite settled into the new place. But Ross (Tony) and I did have a pretty painless day of press on Tuesday with two radio show interviews. The first one was quick and fun and the second one was more in depth for KUAF 91.3, an NPR affiliate. Thursday I had three phone interviews back to back for newspapers in upcoming cities. The publicity part of the job can be fun but also tiring at times. Our company management made this week very special by buying pumpkins and decorating the office with fall and Halloween decorations! They even bought pumpkins for us to carve. It was my first time carving a pumpkin!

Tomorrow is our last show day here and then we’re off to Charlotte, NC on Monday!

PS Our publicity shots came out this week! Here’s a snap shot of “I Feel Pretty”.

No comments:

Post a Comment